Sunday, March 28, 2021

Write a response or wave palm branches: Either way you're part of our community.

How has the life and resurrection of Jesus impacted you? It’s not a hard question. It’s not meant to be a leading question. Your answer could be as simple as “It has given me hope.” Your answer could be as honest as “It has not impacted me because I do not believe it.” No matter what your answer is, I need your help today.

You see, I would love for this blog space to be a space that invites you into community. However, community isn’t one way. Community requires conversation. If you are taking the time to read this blog, something is attracting you here. Something is calling you to take 5 minutes of your time and see what is being written here. You obviously have a response in your mind relative to what is in the blogs. Nobody reads anything without immediately having some thought or feeling, especially when reading content like this.

So I’ll start us off with my answer and then you leave a comment in the comment section below. But please, let’s be kind and gentle. If you wish to interact, do so respectfully and as positively as you can. Got it? Here’s my answer: I realize that God stepped into human history to fight for me, even though He knew that at times I would be unwilling to fight for myself. He won the battle for my eternity through the death and resurrection of Jesus.

That may be a more complex answer than my examples earlier, but I’ve had more time to think about this than you have. Your answer may differ greatly from my answer. That’s OK. On Palm Sunday there was a large crowd of people who wanted to see this Jesus guy. Do you know that there were people that watched Jesus actually raise Lazarus from the dead and still did not believe Jesus was who He said He was? In fact, Jesus' actions led some to not only plot to kill Him but Lazarus as well.  There were also many people that were believing in Him. There were people who made it a point to spread the word about Him. There were even others who said, “…this is getting us nowhere” (John 12: 9 - 19 NIV).

I hope you will engage with us and share your thoughts, even if it’s a simple sentence. On Wednesday, even though it’s the last day of March, I will post my April playlist of songs to give you some new things to listen to. On Friday I will be posting a special “Good Friday” blog where I will tell you how I know God will NEVER abandon you. 

Finally, I would love for you to listen to my pastor, Erwin McManus, share a very thoughtful and engaging Palm Sunday talk that prompted my question today. Here is the link: Celebration of Life - Erwin McManus - MOSIC 2021.03.28  You can skip the music and preliminaries and forward to 14:00 to just hear his talk if you would like. I think you’ll be glad you took the time to hear what he has to share. Now add your comment below.


Thanks for responding,



No comments:

Post a Comment