Sunday, November 6, 2011

I don't know as much as I thought...

I know.  You're surprised.  On Nov. 17, 2008 I wrote a piece about our dating philosophy.  http://voiceofdon.blogspot.com   Yeah...I had great intentions and it sounded good.  Doesn't work like I expected.  But so far it's OK.

It has openned a lot of great discussions with Ashley, my oldest.  We died pretty well at listening and then we compromised our position.  However, the boy's parent's ended up being more strict than we were.  Ashley has lots of guy friends.  I haven't really needed to get a shotgun.  She is a special girl and some young man is going to be very lucky to receive her love.  She did confess that she tried to kiss a boy in kindergarten. Really? Like I said...I don't know as much as I thought.

In that same blog I said the same standards apply for my son as for my daughters.  Let me introduce you to Lyssa. She and Jordan have been going out for a few months.  I say going out...he doesn't have a car.  She's sweet and he likes her.  So my dating philosophy has totally failed here.  I really don't know much at all, people.

Finally, I will say that a very nice young man asked to take Grace to a movie with he and his dad.  Also asked if it was OK to take her to dinner as well.  Folks...I know NOTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment