Sunday, November 6, 2011

My Kids

Most people think their kids are the greatest.  I am no different.  I have been blessed with Ashley, 19, "The girl I've always wanted."  She is in the middle of her 2nd year at California Baptist Univ.  I am so proud of her.  She is growing into such a fantastic young woman.  It is incredible to be experiencing even more of a friendship with her in addition to the parent/child relationship that we will never lose.  It's hard to be so far away from her, yet I've always know that we raise our kids to one day let them go and fly on their own.  She seems to be well equipped and has shown amazing maturity in her time away.  She is learning and experiencing things out from the daily covering that her mother and I provided, yet knows exactly how to come back under our wings for the needed comfort and support.

Jordan, 16, "my little Man"  is becoming that man more and more every day.  I love watching how Jordan is growing and maturing.  I love to see his unique qualities, the care and concern he has for others and the fun he has in life.  It's exciting to see his joy as he is finding increased success in school.  It is heart-warming to hear his compassion for others when he serves with his youth group.  It will be fun to see where the road takes him in the next several years.

Grace, 10, "my special girl" is growing up too fast.  Where did all the time go?  She is always happy, full of life and lives it full throttle.  Whether watching her lead her 4th grade class, seeing her excel in Tae Kwon Do, listening to how she nailed her choir auditions, every day is something new and exciting. She is becoming so aware of the world around her as well as the world far away.  She not only talks about herself but asks about me.  She not only want's things for herself, she gives to help others in Africa.  She is one of a kind.

If you haven't met my kids yet, I hope you can soon.  Of anything in life, they are what I am most proud of.  I read a post from old blog, http://voiceofdon.blogspot.com, Aug. 24, 2008.  In my typical fashion I didn't proof read it and I found a glaring error today.  In the blog I attempted to quote a former pastor.  This is how the quote should read and I re-post it here as it pertains to what I'm feeling this moment about my kids: "Judgement is getting what I deserve.  Mercy is NOT getting what I deserve.  Grace is getting what I do not deserve."  God has truely "graced" me with 3 amazing children.

1 comment:

  1. I love your kids, too. Ashley made me an aunt at age 16. When Jordan was born I was able to come meet him while he was still in the hospital and he was the youngest baby I'd ever held. And with Grace I got to cradle her in my arms while my first born was still cradling in my womb.

    Hope they know Aunt Cheryl thinks about them a lot!

    ReplyDelete